Angela delivers solid returns on her clients’ investments through skillful sourcing of diverse vendors. An insightful and strategic thinker with a collaborative leadership style, she consistently demonstrates the ability to connect the dots.
Honesty, Ethics, Fairness, and Communication are fundamental to any successful relationship, whether it is personal or with a supplier, business partner, or community organization. I believe these are also cornerstones to sustaining profitable relationships. The complexity of people as they execute these fundamentals intrigues me… And the more diverse their thoughts and experiences, the more I am compelled to challenge them to provide innovative, customized solutions to their problems
Her track record includes the successful development and implementation of programs to promote diversity and inclusion in supplier selections and in the workplace. Among her accomplishments is the founding of the Healthcare Supplier Diversity Alliance (HSDA), a 501-(c)(6) non-profit that generates opportunities for historically underutilized businesses.
Angela has a proven track record of developing and implementing workplace and supplier DNI programs that advance organizations’ reputations on the local, state, regional, and national levels.
Angela’s passion for training is not limited to work with corporate clients. She works with several institutions and programs such as Virginia State University and INROADS Internship Program to mentor youth and help shape the leaders of the future.
Awards and Recognitions (Since 2010)
- Minority Enterprise Advocate (MEA) Magazine Powerful Women in Business, 2010
- Novation Diversity Advocate of the Year, 2011
- Profiles in Diversity Women Worth Watching, 2012
- Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council (VMSDC) Chairman’s Challenge Award, 2012
- Distinguished Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award, 2014
- Make A Wish Circle Honoree, 2015
- Certified SWaM Business Owner
- Certified, MBE, CMSDC
- Certification, Minority Business Development Manager, National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Certified Facilitator, Professional Sales Presentations, Learning International
- Certified Facilitator, Leadership Effectiveness Analysis, Management Research Group
- Certified Trainer, Strategic Leadership Practices, Management Research Group
- Certified Facilitator, Empowering Leader, DDI, Inc.
- Certified Facilitator, Investment in Excellence
- Founder/Board Chair, Healthcare Supplier Diversity Alliance
- Board Chair, National Association of Health Services Executives, Virginia Chapter
- Advisory Board, Bon Secours Health System, Richmond Memorial Hospital
- Advisory Board, University of Richmond School of Continuing Studies
- Board of Directors, Better Business Bureau
- Board of Directors, Hanover Tavern
- Board of Directors, St. Paul’s College
- Board of Directors, Technology Resource Center
- Board of Directors, The Carpenter Center
- Board of Directors, The Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- Board of Directors, The Metropolitan Business League
- Board of Directors, The Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council
- Board of Directors, YMCA of Greater Richmond
- Member, Governor’s Supplier Diversity Advisory Council (Commonwealth of VA)
- Member, Leadership Metro Richmond
- Sponsorship Chair, Mission Advisory Committee, Go Red for Women, American Heart Association