Laura works daily with both TMI staff and clients to collaboratively plan, execute, and deliver exceptional client experiences. Supporting TMI’s CEO and CFO in the day-to-day management of the company, Laura drives much of TMI’s operational controls and procedures.
I can honestly say that I am here because of our company’s collective vision. We hold ourselves to standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency that are unlike any organization that I have worked for in the past. Every employee at TMI cares about making a positive impact–whether for our clients or within the communities that we serve.
As a Certified Associate in Project Management, and with a background in International Relations, Laura has a passion for merging business and social interests for positive impact. Her career began in 2005 in Beijing, China, where she worked in Operations and Procurement for a large multinational corporation. Over the course of the next 14 years, Laura’s project management skills and political savvy were further developed through a number of positions of increasing responsibility including roles within the Virginia House of Delegates, a Deputy-Director of a regional nonprofit, and multiple management consulting positions supporting a wide variety of Fortune 500 companies.
When she’s not leading cross-functional teams at the office, you’ll likely find Laura cooking or baking something for her husband, son, and daughter. Not one to shy away from carbs or dairy, coworkers affectionately call her “Butters.”
Appointments & Associations
- Member of Virginia Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Commission. Appointed by Governor Terry McAuliffe (July 2015-June 2019)
- Vice Chair (2017-2019)
- Member of the Virginia Dementia Friendly American Planning Committee (2018)
- Member of the Governor's Family Caregiver Stakeholder Group (2017-2018)
- Chair of the Nominations Committee (2017)
- Member of the Legislative Subcommittee (July 2015-current)
- Appointed to the Governor's Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services Work Group on Alzheimer's Assisted Living Waiver (2016)
- Executive Board Member of ReadtoThem.org
- Secretary (September 2015 - current)
- Vice President (September 2013-September 2015)
- Member of Project Management Institute (Central Virginia Chapter)
- Member of SHRM
- Member of Richmond World Affairs Council
- Certified Associate of Project Management from the Project Management Institute
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from VCU School of Business
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional
- Most Outstanding Student” by L. Douglas Wilder’s School of Government and Public Affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University (2006)