Matthew’s passion for racial equity and social justice has led him across the United States and overseas, helping people connect across difference and begin to address the challenges that divide them. Matthew believes the solutions to our most intractable problems, like social division and poverty, require bold leadership willing to try risky and innovative solutions. When given the opportunity, he can help groups find the courage to tackle their most pernicious problems and move toward collaboration, mutual understanding, and action.
If you’re trying to create a new way of being, you can’t discover it ahead of time.
Publications & Honors
- Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships Across Differences Co-Authored with Tiffany Jana
- How to Build Relationships Across Difference - Greater Good Magazine
- “Using keypad polling to make meetings more productive, educational, and participatory” in the National Civic Review
- Talk Through the Hand – Co-authored book with David Campt, PhD
- STYLE Weekly – Contributing journalist
- Turning Technologies – Distinguished Educator
- International Peace Builder’s conference in Caux, Switzerland - Facilitator
- William & Mary Race Task Force