Melissa has the ability to create an environment centered on positive energy, capacity for change, and collaborative spaces. She views life through a lens of possibility, potential, and self-actualization and strives to foster these qualities in others. She draws on her clinical knowledge, professional experience, and personal battle with cancer to open the minds of others. Melissa then uses humor, compassion, and collaboration to engage and inspire audiences and to establish and enhance personal and professional relationships.
Melissa has experience working with a wide range of professional organizations and is known best for her ability to identify opportunities, establish attainable goals, and assist in the capacity for change. Melissa currently facilitates psycho-educational groups for individuals who have experienced a traumatic loss. She also provides medical social work services within in the Richmond community. When not working, she enjoys spending time with her family, volunteering for non-profit organizations, and living life in the moment.
In order to create change, one must embody the change itself. In order to be a great leader, one must fuel inspiration within the minds of others.
Listen to her podcast here: http://http://frontrowfactor.com/episode-8-living-in-the-moment/
- Policy and Planning Committee ROSMY (Support Center for LGBTQ) youth
- Board Member St. Thomas’ Day School
- Leading a LGBTQ parents support group at the Gay Community Center of Richmond
- Facilitation of a Breast Cancer Support Group
- Front Row Foundation: Public Speaking engagement at a national summit with the purpose of providing attendees with an inside perspective related to life transformation.
TRAININGS, SPECIAL COURSES, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk
- What social workers should know about the DSM 5
- VCU department of gerontology (team building for health care professionals)
- Client violence and social worker safety NASW
- Best practices in spiritual assessments NASW
- Social work leadership in law and ethics NASW
- Medicaid services C&D Fraud
- NASW Seminar electronic records
- Understanding malpractice risk
- Neoadjuvant therapy
- Depression Training
- Future of Brain Health